Dritz Iron-On Mending Fabric can be used to repair tears, worn areas or holes in fabric items. It is also great to use as reinforcement or for decorative applications and is machine washable and dry cleanable. The easy iron-on application means no sewing and allows for quick repairs. This package contains 3 pieces of mending fabric, each size 3 x 8-inch.
Use mending fabric to repair a tear, worn area or hole
Great to use as reinforcement or for decorative applications
Easy iron-on application requires no sewing
Machine washable and dry cleanable
Check fiber content of item to be repaired to be sure it can withstand the heat setting required for correct application.
1. Wash garment before applying patch.
2. Heat dry iron for 5 minutes on "cotton" setting.
3. Cut patch slightly larger than area to be mended. Round corners. If patch will cover a hole, place a piece of paper underneath hole before applying patch.
4. Working on a firm, protected surface, preheat worn area with iron.
5. Position patch, shiny side down on garment. Press firmly for 40 to 45 seconds. Finish by pressing around edges.
6. Allow patch to cool and check bond. Press again, if necessary.